Included here is some information to help you build your own custom leather book covers. This page will grow with more information as spare time allows its creation.
- The first “hands-on-training” course was given March 27, 2014 to Angie and Audra in Richland WA. The class consisted of the construction of a basic leather Big Book cover with a medallion holder with a snap/strap to hold the cover closed. Audra completed her cover and Angie left with lacing that still needed to be completed. I intended to take pictures of the covers under construction, but the training took more concentration than I anticipated. I will prepare several tutorials to show the tips and hints to make your own Big Book leather cover.
- Second, May 2, 2016, “hands-on-training” with Skip S. He has since created some covers on his own (Call 360-202-2270 if you would like Skip to make you a cover). Here are some samples: Big book rose cover (inside view) and Big book horseshoe cover
Tutorials (those with active links are completed or in draft stage):
- Letterpress Type and the use to Emboss/Impress Leather Projects: Typography on Leather
- Paperback Book Reinforcement: How to make those A.A. paperback books from falling apart. Step-by-Step instructions.
- Leather Selection and Storage: Types of leather, Where to Buy, Storage, Inventory Suggestions
- Tools, Patterns and Cutting, Dyes, Finishes and Construction (draft)
- FERDCO Pro-2000 Saga: This is the story of a JUKI 441 clone (FERDCO Pro-2000)
that has had two owners and a rough life.
- Business Considerations: LLC, Licenses, Taxes, Spread sheets and Website Commerce